About SwanBio Therapeutics
SwanBio is a privately held, newly established biotechnology company focused on the discovery and development of innovative gene therapy products for the treatment of central nervous system (CNS) disorders and diseases. SwanBio has a deeply experienced leadership team and is building an open, innovative culture that trusts its people, processes and science to deliver scientific, clinical and business success. SwanBio’s lead investor is Syncona, a premiere investment partner focused on building companies delivering transformational healthcare treatments. Syncona has a deep pool of capital and they are established leaders in the development of genetic medicine. In particular, they present a legacy of success in long term investment strategies for companies in the Gene and Cell Therapy space. Our goal is to become a world-leader in treating neurodegenerative diseases. With locations in Philadelphia and Boston, the SwanBio Team is building a strong pipeline of gene therapy development programs with a directed focus on critical unmet medical needs for CNS diseases. SwanBio offers all team members both competitive compensation and benefits.
This individual will work closely with SwanBio Therapeutics’ scientists to identify, evaluate and protect innovations. The role will also provide business-focused legal advice to key stakeholders on intellectual property and legal matters. In addition, this role will manage multiple projects in a fast-moving and results-oriented environment.
In this role you will:
- Prepare and prosecute US and foreign patent applications in gene therapy field.
- Conduct prior art analyses.
- Identify, evaluate and protect new intellectual property.
- Develop intellectual property strategies.
- Conduct due diligence, patentability, validity and freedom to operate reviews.
- Draft, negotiate and review various agreements including confidentiality, material transfer, research, data use, consulting, service, clinical trial and license agreements.
- Provide prompt legal counsel on intellectual property and legal matters.
- Work with outside counsel as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology or Chemistry. Advanced life sciences degree preferred.
- Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school.
- 4 -10 years of experience working in a law firm or in-house legal department of a pharmaceutical or biotechnology company.
- Licensed to practice in at least one state.
- Admitted to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Understanding/experience in gene therapy
- Effective analytical and communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a cross-functional team.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to communicate complex legal concepts to individuals at various levels of the organization.
- Team player with a commitment to developing collaborative relationships.
About the Benefits:
The successful candidate will enjoy a competitive base salary and the opportunity to participate in incentive compensation programs including bonus and stock option plans. Additionally, SwanBio Therapeutics offers all team members a comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental, vision care, 401(k), paid vacation and holiday time.
SwanBio Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer