Director, Human Resources
|Title:||Director, Human Resources|
The Director, Human Resources will report to the VP of HR and Organizational Development, and will support business planning and decision making and ensure the people strategy supports the business strategy.
- Support the development and implementation of a full range of HR solutions in areas such as organization effectiveness and design, talent development, employee engagement, change management, HR analytics, employee relations, and performance management.
- Work independently and with HR team members (including external consultants) to effectively identify opportunities to maximize the performance of the business in terms of organization effectiveness and change management.
- Provide guidance and counsel to management and staff on Human Resources issues to foster high levels of productivity and employee morale; ensure effective communication of critical issues and best practices.
- Ensure that Swanbio’s policies, procedures and standards are communicated and implemented across the organization.
- Ensure that the operational aspects of HR are optimized and running smoothly.
- Conduct employee interviews and meetings to assess current work environment and address questions and issues; investigate employee complaints and facilitate resolution; counsel employees in accordance with company philosophy and objectives.
- Support the VP, HR in the development and administration of compensation and benefits plans
- Facilitate all recruiting activity through collaboration with hiring managers and HR team.
- Use data analytics and metrics to analyze trends in turnover, hiring, promotions, separations and formal complaints.
- Assure Swanbio’s compliance with federal, state and local laws, as well as Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)/Affirmative Action obligations.
- Support the VP of HR in development of talent initiatives such as employer branding, employee onboarding, and performance management.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree Required, Master’s Degree and/or HR Certification preferred
- Minimum 5 years of Human Resources experience building high performance HR organizations with skills in multiple HR disciplines including talent management, compensation & benefits, employee relations, performance management, HR operations, recruiting, and training
- Experience in a fast growth or start-up company preferred
- Proven ability to drive organizational change, respond to change with agility, help others navigate through change, and business results using reasoning abilities and sound judgment
- Strong business planning and project management skills with experience managing multiple projects and assignments
- Experience and proficiency in different components of HR including: employee engagement, talent development, organization design, employee relations, compensation, benefits, and recruitment
- Professional knowledge of federal and state employment laws, rules and regulations related to Human Resources administration and related principles and practices
- Advanced knowledge of Human Resources principles, practices and processes in a global environment
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and problem-solving skills
- Maintain confidentiality of data.
- Ability to travel up to 15%
Swanbio has offices in Bala Cynwyd and Boston as well as lab space in the CIC in Philadelphia.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications