- Set-up of cell culture lab – ordering equipment, working with vendors, etc.
- Use DOE (Design of Experiment) and other scientific methods to determine optimal media formulations to support a wide range of primary, immortalized primary, stem and continuous cells and cell lines.
- Coordinate with Senior Leadership and provides input and guidance on strategies affecting cell culture media product lines and related projects.
- Work within the cell biology R&D team to support all projects that have a media development component.
- Represent team, as needed, on product development Core Teams and other cross-functional teams.
- Maintain current knowledge of cell culture media development and manufacturing technologies to ensure product lines continue to meet customer needs and remain competitive.
- Improve processes as needed to continuously improve cycle time and cost.
- Develop and presents reports and presentations on team and project status; communicates issues to management appropriately and in a timely manner to ensure timelines, budget and goals are consistently met. .
- Communicate pertinent corporate and business unit information to their team and ensures high quality, rigorous scientific and safety standards are upheld.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizations’ policies and applicable laws. Has authority either directly or through recommendations for employment decision to include selection, training, performance evaluations, counseling, promotions and terminations.
- Master’s Degree, Ph.D. or equivalent in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Cell Biology or other life science discipline is required:
- Doctoral degree in a life science related field and 1-2 years of relevant experience OR
- Master's degree in a life science related field and 3-5 years of relevant experience OR
- Bachelor's degree in a life science related field and 5-8 years of relevant experience.
- Minimum two years of experience as a manager, supervisor or team leader
- Demonstrated knowledge of federal laboratory compliance standards
- Excellent organizational skills
- Previous experience in setting up a cell culture lab a must
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications