About SwanBio Therapeutics
SwanBio is a privately held, biotechnology company focused on the discovery and development of innovative gene therapy products for the treatment of central nervous system (CNS) disorders and diseases. SwanBio has a deeply experienced leadership team and is building an open, innovative culture that trusts its people, to deliver scientific, clinical and business excellence[MJ1] . SwanBio’s lead investor is Syncona, a premiere investment partner with focus on building companies that deliver transformational healthcare treatments. Syncona is an established leader in the development of genetic medicine. In particular, they present a legacy of success in long term investment strategies for companies in the Gene and Cell Therapy space. Our goal is to become a world-leader in treating neurodegenerative diseases. With locations in Philadelphia and Boston, the SwanBio Team is building a strong pipeline of gene therapy development programs with a directed focus on critical unmet medical needs for CNS diseases. SwanBio offers all team members both competitive compensation and benefits.
We are looking for a results-driven Financial Controller to manage and improve our organization’s internal financial reporting structure and direct future growth in accounting operations. Controller responsibilities include managing accounting records, evaluating and managing risk, ensuring compliance with regulations, publishing financial statements, analyzing variance and other financial data, monitoring expenditure, coordinating auditing processes, and ensuring accuracy of financial information.
Your strategic outlook and proficiency with numbers will support our Function Heads in managing expense and measuring contract progress. We look to you to implement proper internal controls, measure organizational targets, and develop financial plans that support organizational strategy.
The ideal candidate should possess strong analytical skills, exceptional problem-solving skills, a natural curiosity regarding unanticipated variances, be highly organized, and willing to serve the organization on its accelerated growth path.
The ideal candidate will embody Swan’s core values of integrity, collaboration and patient focus.
Key Responsibilities :
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Month end close: within 10 business days
- Develop and maintain accrual system; Bank recs; Balance sheet schedules including FX gain/loss
- Expense budget to actual variance analysis
- Intercompany invoice between UK parent/US sub to reimburse spend
- Management Reporting: Develop, maintain and issue Functional KPIs monthly
- Banking: Wire template maintenance; wire/ACH initiation; check prep
- Cash Forecasting: vendor payment selection; monthly cash management, including intercompany billing and reimbursements
- Staff management: Manage accounts payable, Payroll & Benefits staff
- Audit: Schedule prep; knowledge of US GAAP; financial statement disclosures with some IFRS experience
- EU Statutory Reporting
- VAT returns
- Tax: 1120 prep coordination with external tax consultants
- UK R&D tax credit support with external tax consultants
- BA in Business Administration or similar focus
- CPA, active license preferred
- Prior SEC reporting experience required; IPO participation a plus
- Minimum of 7 years experience in progressive accounting roles, public accounting and direct controller experience preferred
- Experience in a life sciences or technology environment a plus
- Detail oriented with a firm grasp of accounting systems
- Experienced working with multiple legal entities, intercompany eliminations, FX translation
- In-depth knowledge of internal controls, policies and processes
- Exceptional Analytical and Problem Solving Skills
- Ability to operate in a fast paced, deadline sensitive environment
- Ability to work comfortably under pressure and adapt to changing priorities and deadlines
- Ability to think strategically with strong business judgment
- Willingness to take on multiple responsibilities at once
- Resourceful and a self-starter
- Able to operate independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Possess a startup mindset of no job to big or to small
About the Benefits:
The successful candidate will enjoy a competitive base salary and the opportunity to participate in incentive compensation programs including bonus and stock option plans. Additionally, SwanBio Therapeutics offers all team members a comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental, vision care, 401(k), paid vacation and holiday time.
SwanBio Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer
[MJ1]We can’t promise success