Research Scientist, Vector Engineering
|Title:||Research Scientist, Vector Engineering|
RESEARCH SCIENTIST, VECTOR ENGINEERING
About SwanBio Therapeutics
SwanBio is a privately held, newly established biotechnology company focused on the discovery and development of innovative gene therapy products for the treatment of central nervous system (CNS) disorders and diseases. SwanBio has a deeply experienced leadership team and is building an open, innovative culture that trusts its people, processes and science to deliver scientific, clinical and business success. SwanBio’s lead investor is Syncona, a premiere investment partner focused on building companies delivering transformational healthcare treatments. Syncona has a deep pool of capital and they are established leaders in the development of genetic medicine. In particular, they present a legacy of success in long term investment strategies for companies in the Gene and Cell Therapy space. Our goal is to become a world-leader in treating neurodegenerative diseases. With locations in Philadelphia and Boston, the SwanBio Team is building a strong pipeline of gene therapy development programs with a directed focus on critical unmet medical needs for CNS diseases. SwanBio offers all team members both competitive compensation and benefits.
The position offers an exciting opportunity to engage in the discovery and molecular engineering of Biotherapeutics for unmet medical needs. You will be an integral member of the Vector Engineering group and will be performing Antibody, Protein and Vector Engineering activities to support discovery and development of monoclonal antibodies and bi-specifics.
- Perform routine molecular biology tasks such as PCR-based cloning, construct design, site-directed mutagenesis, expression vector engineering etc.
- Develop and manufacture research grade rAAV vectors.
- Performs analytical tests such as qPCR/dPCR, SDS-PAGE, infectivity assays.
- Assist in the design and execution of non-routine experiments in an efficient and independent manner
- Demonstrate the ability to interpret outcome of experiments and to propose appropriate follow-up
- Report and treat data with a high level of integrity and ethics
- Troubleshoot problems as needed
- Participate in cross-function initiatives as needed
- Independently present/defend scientific findings in project team or Department meetings
- Perform literature searches and extract relevant information from published protocols
- Communicate own work effectively orally and in writing
- Contribute to writing protocols, procedures, and technical reports; provide input for scientific reports
- Comply with applicable regulations and perform all work in a safe manner
- Maintains proper records in accordance with SOPs and policies
- BS degree in molecular biology, biochemistry, immunology or a related discipline plus at least 5 years’ experience OR a Masters’ Degree plus at least 3 years’ experience (preferably in industry setting)
- Hands-on experience in Molecular Biology techniques such as PCR-based cloning, seamless cloning, construct design, DNA sequence analysis, ELISA
- Previous vector engineering experience
- Working knowledge of neurobiology preferred
- Experience in the development of complex biological assays
- Apply knowledge of basic theory and scientific principles
- Ability to concisely and accurately report technical data and information
- Able to draft portions of technical reports
- Ability to troubleshoot and correct problems
- Appropriate level of understanding of applicable regulations
- Experience with maintaining collaborations with CROs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding problem solving skills
- Ability to be highly productive in a fluid, fast-paced and team-oriented work environment
- Strong collaboration and team-working skills
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Proven ability to work independently and effectively plan and organize work activities and prioritize task completion to meet schedules and deadline
- Possess a mind set of no job to large or too small.
The successful candidate will enjoy a competitive base salary and the opportunity to participate in incentive compensation programs including bonus. Additionally, SwanBio Therapeutics offers all team members a comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental, vision care, 401(k), paid vacation and holiday time.
SwanBio Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications