Principal Scientist, Non-Clinical Development
|Title:||Principal Scientist, Non-Clinical Development |
PRINCIPAL SCIENTIST, NON-CLINCAL DEVELOPMENT
About SwanBio Therapeutics
SwanBio is a privately held, newly established biotechnology company focused on the discovery and development of innovative gene therapy products for the treatment of central nervous system (CNS) disorders and diseases. SwanBio has a deeply experienced leadership team and is building an open, innovative culture that trusts its people, processes and science to deliver scientific, clinical and business success.SwanBio’s lead investor is Syncona, a premiere investment partner focused on building companies delivering transformational healthcare treatments. Syncona has a deep pool of capital and they are established leaders in the development of genetic medicine. In particular, they present a legacy of success in long term investment strategies for companies in the Gene and Cell Therapy space. Our goal is to become a world-leader in treating neurodegenerative diseases. With locations in Philadelphia and Boston, the SwanBio Team is building a strong pipeline of gene therapy development programs with a directed focus on critical unmet medical needs for CNS diseases. SwanBio offers all team members both competitive compensation and benefits.
This role will assist in developing the preclinical data package to support advancement of Swan Bio's pipeline. This individual will drive the preclinical in vitro and in vivo effort to validate the potential of novel therapeutics for the organization. The role will also lead the biochemistry and cell biology efforts, design and execute experiments, supervise laboratory personnel, present results internally and externally and manage collaborations and CROs. In addition, this role will manage multiple project in a fast-moving and results-oriented environment.
- Contribute to and implement an overall drug development strategy to support nonclinical development during all stages of drug development
- Design, implement, report and interpret nonclinical study data of gene therapy drug candidate constructs
- Manage multiple projects as needed across the organization.
- Manage others to meet project timelines and to develop technical and trouble shooting skills
- Provide scientific expertise, guidance and strategy to successfully bring programs to milestones for Go/No Go decisions. Provide expert level guidance in designing, implementing, and interpreting in vitro and in vivo cell biology, biochemistry and biomarker related studies for rare neurologic diseases.
- Collaborate with others to develop, optimize, validate and execute biochemical and/or cellular assays to support drug discovery projects, including assay development, and running of assays. Interact/collaborate with CROs, as necessary to ensure appropriate/timely progression of projects
- Prepare study synopses, protocols, study reports and regulatory documents to support nonclinical development
- Effectively communicate nonclinical findings and their relevance to senior management, project teams, collaborators, and regulatory agencies (i.e. FDA, EMA, PMDA)
- Participate in multi-disciplinary drug development teams and may lead sub-teams
- A Ph.D. degree in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Cell Biology or Immunology or a combination of education and experience,
- 3-5 years drug discovery experience at pharmaceutical, biotech or CRO, preferably in gene therapy
- Previous experience in conducting research using the latest drug discovery technologies and advances in science
- Possess a curiosity in exploring new path for gene therapy development, be bold in proposing creative experimental designs and ideas.
- Ability to manage multiple project in a fast-moving and results-oriented environment
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot
- Work collaboratively with multifunctional teams and will be relentless in pursuing successful outcomes
- Managerial capabilities and knowledge and experience making contributions to advance projects from conception through in vivo proof-of concept and onto clinical candidate selection
- Significant experience in being resourceful while working in a small biotech environment
- Significant experience on cross-functional therapeutic program team in a collaborative manner
- Proven ability to work independently and effectively plan and organize work activities and prioritize task completion to meet schedules and deadline
- Ability to manage outside vendors
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving ability
- Ability to multitask.Strong collaboration and team-working skills
- Possess a mind set of no job to big or too small.
About the Benefits:
The successful candidate will enjoy a competitive base salary and the opportunity to participate in incentive compensation programs including bonus and stock option plans. Additionally, SwanBio Therapeutics offers all team members a comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental, vision care, 401(k), paid vacation and holiday time.
SwanBio Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: